Self-care is so much more than being healthy.
It’s about doing little things to be your best self that all add up in a big way.
There is a misconception that practicing self-care is this arduous task that many do not want to tackle—that is not the case.
Practicing self-care can be as simple as spending five minutes a day doing something you love, such as planning a special treat for yourself.
Here are 30 ways to practice self-care:
- Try meditation. Five minutes a day can truly change your life.
- Cook a fun, healthy meal you found on Pinterest. Branch out and try some meatless recipes.
- Take a walk outside. Invite your friends, loved ones, or bring your dog.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep. This is one of the simplest, most important ways to take care of yourself.
- Try some essential oils for mental clarity, muscle relief, and better sleep.
- Try something new and exciting! Whether it’s eating at a new restaurant or skydiving, so something that excites you.
- Go on a bike ride. It can be around the block or around the city.
- Try journaling. Bullet journaling is trending right now, but even some light doodling is good for the soul!
- Take a break from all social media for one hour in the morning and one hour before bed.
- Take naps when you can—they are the best way to recharge!
- DIY something! Furniture, toiletries, you name it—you can make it better and cheaper than buying it.
- Practice yoga on your lunch break from work, at home every morning, or right before bed.
- Declutter your home. A clean home is a happy home.
- Splurge on your favorite meal. Try making it at home!
- Purge your email. Clear out those 11,000 unread junk emails!
- Purge your social media followers. Who wants to know what’s going on with everyone you went to high school with anyway?
- Exercise, exercise, exercise!
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Go to the spa and get a facial.
- Or the nail salon for a manicure and pedicure.
- DRINK WATER. DRINK WATER. DRINK WATER.
- Call someone you love or someone you miss.
- Try knitting—it’s so therapeutic!
- Wake up thirty minutes earlier so you can enjoy the early morning and set an intention for the day ahead.
- Try a morning routine. Check out our guide here.
- Try an evening routine. Check out our guide here.
- Plan a trip you’ve been dying to go on, whether it’s in five months or five years.
- Practice positivity.
- Make yourself a hot cup of tea.
- Read a book.
Self-care doesn’t need to be a long, lengthy process.
Self-care is about practicing what makes you feel great, be it mentally or physically.
Are you exhausted? Take a brief nap!
Are you dying to eat that one meal you love? Treat yourself!
Being healthy is all about keeping things in check and moderation, but that doesn’t mean you should deprive yourself.
(h/t Better Change Project)